Ir para conteúdo
lpxyz

KILLZONE SHADOW FALL

Posts Recomendados

cara, a historia do killzone 3 achei BEM legal, e as cutscenes sao fantasticas, ainda mais para um jogo que nao é japones.

Eu gostei bastante das cenas entre os oficiais helghan, também com Malcom MacDowell, Brian Cox e o Ray Winstone dublando é fácil entender porquê.

O universo do jogo é bem interessante e depois de ler o resumo que o Soul Reaver postou gostei mais ainda, mas acho que eles precisam criar personagens melhores, Sev e Rico são clichê demais e o jogo acaba se resumindo a um "u-hu marines!" não é a tôa que quase todo mundo que joga simpatiza mais com os vilões.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Para quem gosta de discussões técnicas, longa apresentação de um programador da Guerrilla:

Para mim, que não entendo nada, o interessante é a afirmação que a demo estava rodando no dev kit final, então vai ser 1080p e 30 FPS mesmo.

Também há a confirmação de que estão trabalhando numa nova IP para o PS4.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Caralho mano, essa imagem da cidade, se for real time mesmo, tá total next-gen.

coisa linda.

Sem graça pra porra..

Falavam que Kill Zone 2 era lindo demais..

Pois bem.. o planeta helghast é um lixo...

Em toda a série, falam dos belissimos gráficos, jogando no modo Hard é muito bacana o desafio, a IA é ótima nesse jogo.

Mas você repara que os computadores que aparecem nos cenarios tem uma tela ridicula, pobre, sem detalhe nenhum.. muito abaixo de Metroid Prime.

Nada de computadores high tech como nos ultimos jogos FPS, Crysis.. Halo. até o velho Doom3 tem paineis mais bonitos, mais detalhados..

No Kill máquinas de guerra e operacionais.. tem um monitor pobre.. um botãzinho piscando, as vezes nem isso.. parece que estou jogando um game de ficção de enredo dos anos 70.

Cidade sem vida... nenhuma.. só um monte de aço.. e tubo.... centenas de construções sem sentido algum de existir, apenas para ser lugar de esconde atira esconde.

e nego cupisndo que Kill 2 é o jogo mais bonito do ps3 até meados de 2009.

Tirando as CGS, todo resto é mediocre. Armas mediocres, só a pistola tem munição infinita e ela não serve para quase nada...

Mira?? pra que mirar...

To tentando ver aonde esse jogo é Hype no que tange FPS. A história é um lixo diga-se de passagem... o império Helghast prestes a cair.. e do nada no final do 2.. surge outra gigantesca frota de inimigos... muito forçado.

Lamento quem só tem ps3 e não pode jogar Halo4. Halo ta anos luz na frente de Kill zone. Em tudo... inclusive enredo. Você joga halo 4 curioso pelo desfecho da história.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Sem graça pra porra..

Falavam que Kill Zone 2 era lindo demais..

Pois bem.. o planeta helghast é um lixo...

Em toda a série, falam dos belissimos gráficos, jogando no modo Hard é muito bacana o desafio, a IA é ótima nesse jogo.

Mas você repara que os computadores que aparecem nos cenarios tem uma tela ridicula, pobre, sem detalhe nenhum.. muito abaixo de Metroid Prime.

Nada de computadores high tech como nos ultimos jogos FPS, Crysis.. Halo. até o velho Doom3 tem paineis mais bonitos, mais detalhados..

No Kill máquinas de guerra e operacionais.. tem um monitor pobre.. um botãzinho piscando, as vezes nem isso.. parece que estou jogando um game de ficção de enredo dos anos 70.

Cidade sem vida... nenhuma.. só um monte de aço.. e tubo.... centenas de construções sem sentido algum de existir, apenas para ser lugar de esconde atira esconde.

e nego cupisndo que Kill 2 é o jogo mais bonito do ps3 até meados de 2009.

Tirando as CGS, todo resto é mediocre. Armas mediocres, só a pistola tem munição infinita e ela não serve para quase nada...

Mira?? pra que mirar...

To tentando ver aonde esse jogo é Hype no que tange FPS. A história é um lixo diga-se de passagem... o império Helghast prestes a cair.. e do nada no final do 2.. surge outra gigantesca frota de inimigos... muito forçado.

Lamento quem só tem ps3 e não pode jogar Halo4. Halo ta anos luz na frente de Kill zone. Em tudo... inclusive enredo. Você joga halo 4 curioso pelo desfecho da história.

RICO EM KZ2 ME FEZ DIZER MUITAS COISAS PROFANAS, PRINCIPALMENTE NAQUELAS WAVES DO FINAL, CARA INUTIL DEMAIS COM AQUELA MINIGUN

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-tQ9ffNRc

E3 2013: Killzone: Shadow Fall Has Made Me A Believer

Killzone meets Crysis? Kind of.

I’ve been critical of Killzone in the past. I’ve always thought PlayStation 3’s two franchise entries in particular are mechanically stellar, but presentationally vapid. The games’ graphics are undeniably gorgeous, but the very setting of both titles – the war-torn planet Helghan – forced Sony-owned Guerrilla Games to use a lot of browns and grays that feel admittedly realistic and true-to-form, but also monotonous and worn. This resulted in campaigns that were fun, but vastly overshadowed for most players by a deep and engaging multiplayer suite that didn’t hinge on the setting.

So when Killzone: Shadow Fall was revealed back at the PlayStation 4 event in New York City in February, I was surprised by how colorful and outright different it looked compared to its predecessors. Shadow Fall was bleak and dangerous in its own way, but it wasn’t tethered to a limited color palette or the sort of sameness that held back Killzone 2 and 3’s presentation from reaching the same heights as its gameplay. Shadow Fall no doubt has its own deep multiplayer options – we don’t know anything about that yet – but what was clear to me when I played this upcoming PlayStation 4 launch title was that this isn’t any old Killzone campaign.

Guerrilla Games is crafting what, to me, is most reminiscent of what a game would look like if Killzone collided with something more akin to Crysis. No, Shadow Fall doesn’t take place on a single wide open map that can be explored at will, but it does take place on a series of large, non-linear maps that encourage you – and outright require you – to tackle concurrent objectives in any order of your choosing. As a result, Shadow Fall is immediately deeper and more tactical than any of the core Killzone titles that came before it. And yes, if the map I saw and played on is any indication, the game’s bright aesthetic carries over from what we first witnessed back in February.

I was immediately intrigued when I started playing. There was nothing forced about Shadow Fall’s approach; it was thoughtful and calculated. One of the developers from Guerrilla noted to me that Shadow Fall, unlike the Killzone trilogy on PS2 and PS3, is about using your brain in addition to your brawn. And it didn’t take long for me to learn exactly what he was talking about.

Killzone: Shadow Fall takes place three decades after the events of Killzone 3, and much has changed. Helghan has been effectively destroyed, stranding the Helghast and forcing them onto Vekta, a planet long occupied by the ISA. The ISA and the Helghast thus split the planet in two, and a massive, crude wall is erected between the two sides of the planet. It wraps around the entire circumference of Vekta and keeps the two once-warring factions apart. But obviously, the wall doesn’t ultimately do much good.

The forested map I played on showed the wall in the near distance. But gamers are still cast as the ISA in Shadow Fall, and at this point in the campaign, I found myself stranded with the Helghast. It was up to me to find a way back to the safe side of Vekta, which required me to accomplish a few tasks, including disabling the alarm system in the area, obliterating the anti-aircraft guns that destroyed by ship and left me in the forest in the first place, and seizing a Helghan dropship to make my great escape. There appeared to be other optional tasks, too, and all of this – save the actual escape – could be accomplished in any order.

Immediately, Shadow Fall felt unlike any Killzone game that came before it, not only because of its non-linear mission structure and wide-open, fully explorable maps, but because it’s also a technically deeper experience from a gameplay perspective. This isn’t just a shooter anymore; it’s far more complex, so much so that I handed the DualShock 4 over to a guy from Guerrilla after being ruthlessly massacred several times so I could at least see the proper experience.

What was so difficult? Well, there’s a lot to keep track of if you don’t have the luxury of a tutorial. You have your two weapons, which can be switched between via the triangle button, but you also have control of an all-new device called OWL. OWL, as it quickly became clear, is absolutely essential in Shadow Fall, and if you don’t know how to use it effectively – which I didn’t -- you’ll quickly be victimized by the game’s cunning and rather smart enemy AI.

OWL is mapped to both the directional pad and DualShock 4’s touch pad. By swiping on the touch pad in certain directions, specific OWL skills – such as a shock attack, a zipline, or a shield – can be selected, and then activated with the directional pad. The shock attack stuns an enemy (or a group of enemies, if they’re close to one another), leaving them vulnerable to firearm-based and melee assaults. The zipline allows for quick travel between areas of the map, letting you scale up to 50 in-game meters at a single go, so long as you have an object to attach to and a clear path to that object. The shield reminded me most of the Auger’s secondary functionality in Resistance. Simply stand behind it to absorb enemy attacks with impunity.

Using OWL gives you a much-needed break in an otherwise brutally difficult game. Shadow Fall was set on normal difficulty, and for someone like me that beat Killzone 3 on hard, it was certainly a step up in that respect. It even claimed the digital life of the developer playing on several occasions. The good news is that, while health is regenerative, you can still use health packs on the fly that will heal you quickly and slow down time for a limited period, too, giving you an edge against incoming hordes of aggressive foes.

It was especially fun – and quite novel – to effectively use stealth in Shadow Fall. The Helghast are smart and fully aware of their surroundings, but you can get the jump on them, using silent melee attacks to strike quickly without being seen. Of course, once seen, all bets are off. The Helghast will beeline to the nearest alarm – a good reason to centrally disable those alarms before doing any other part of the mission – once they see you. It’s at this point that you get a taste of what the Helghast are packing in Killzone: Shadow Fall, as well as the more conventional weapons, apart from OWL, that you have at your disposal.

Like Resistance, weapons in Killzone now have secondary functionality. The rifle I started out the mission with can be turned into a longer-range rifle that, when charged, will blow your target to smithereens with a single strike. But the Helghast will come at you with everything they have, too. Some have long-range sniper rifles of their own, complete with red laser sights. Others have stealth camouflage that they can activate at will, including when they’re under attack and near death. And others yet have bright lights to search a map’s dark crevasses and corners. These are especially obnoxious, since they obscure your vision in a burst of brightness if you look directly at them.

Unfortunately, I never got to take a look at any of Shadow Fall’s cinematics apart from what’s already readily available on the Internet. As someone who was most recently extremely impressed by some of Killzone 3’s cinematics, yet disappointed by how underdeveloped the story was, I hope that Guerrilla Games doesn’t only get to replicate similar high-quality cutscenes, but gets to more fully investigate and flesh-out the Killzone series’ underdeveloped plot that would act as a wonderful complement to a game that’s already shaping up to be so markedly different from what came before it. I’ve always been fascinated by the potential of Killzone’s story, and Shadow Fall might finally be the game that lets it shine.

Yes, Killzone: Shadow Fall is still a first-person shooter, and yes, it’s as technically fine as its predecessors. But it’s the game’s fresh approach and its emphasis on strategy and patience that really makes it stand apart. Like PS Vita’s upcoming Killzone game called Mercenary, Shadow Fall is a deviation from the traditional formula, and it looks and feels new. Guerrilla Games may very well have something special on their hands, and as a Killzone skeptic turned could-be believer, I can’t wait to see and play more.

IGN

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Digital Foundry:

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Perhaps the most recognised first-party PS4 launch title, Killzone: Shadow Fall's 5-10 minute demo at E3 could only be played in a guarded capacity - where much of the control is cautiously handled by Guerrilla Games' staff before handing the pad our way. It's a looker to be sure: gone is the utopian gloss of the Vektan capital shown in the game's reveal, and in its place we're given a lush jungle area plucked from within the first two hours of the campaign. It's a crowd-pleasing environment to showcase, and we're given plenty of options to explore it.

The goal of the demo is simple: navigate across a downhill stretch of hills and trees to reach an industrial Helghan stronghold at its basin. Linear corridors are kept to a minimum in uncharacteristic fashion for the series, and a broader dust-bowl level design is instead seen here, where objectives are tackled in any order - such as bringing down the communications tower, or finding your squad.. Methodical stealth is encouraged, as enemies are merciless health-chippers, arrive in a steady and unending flow, and prove difficult to pick apart in their set groups. This is something we learn the hard way.

Once we zip-line down to an outpost with all guns a-blazing, we get a taster of how AI behavior has been improved for the series' first PS4 entry. The guards in this forest area take up shotguns, and to intimidating effect, and tend to focus on working as a team to catch us unawares at short range - not firing once until they have us totally surrounded.

Lighting takes a leaf out of Battlefield 3's book here, and the Helghan soldiers' flashlights and distinctive red headlights heavily impair our vision with a strong flare effect. It's a genuine distraction, and in concert with the threat of a strong shotgun blast ending our session, we instead take the evasive option by backtracking up the hill. Here we find new lighting effects work extends to the addition of increasingly popular light-shafts, which stream between tree leaves as they rock and bend from the stem. It's a beautifully realised area, packed with vividly sharp textures with the whole area being divided by a waterfall and stream. Level-of-detail culling is not noticeable on geometry at all either, which is an impressive feat given the broad scale of the vista. However, the obvious popping in of shadow elements is a distraction, and points to a lack of optimisation for this particular area given the absence of any shadow pop-in around the citadel area shown in Shadow Fall's first demo.

In terms of polish, the reluctance to give us a longer play-session does suggest other rough edges may be lurking in this build. But even so, the only glitch to be spotted is an occasional, split-second flicker to the light buffer as we run quickly across the environment. It's early days, of course, and we're also glad to see the native 1080p resolution in full evidence as it runs from the PS4 hardware. This bumped resolution suits the visuals wonderfully, save for water caustics and splashes which appear a little current-gen in nature. Guerrilla Games has proven it can handle massive, churning waves in its previous games, so we suspect improvements here are possible if there's enough time.

Aesthetically, we're being handed a very different beast to cult favourite Killzone 2, which was celebrated for its gloomy, monochrome visual style. Fans may not be best pleased with the continuation of a tonal shift that began with Killzone 3's more colourful palette, having itself offered a vivid Helghan Jungle multiplayer map via DLC. In its current form, Shadow Fall's campaign at least offers a breadth in gameplay style that we've seldom enjoyed before in Sony's flagship FPS series, but the apocalyptic grit and grim is - at least so far - missed.

When it comes to the tricky issue of control and response, Killzone: Shadow Fall currently delivers a largely 25-30FPS experience with v-sync engaged, where a long overview of the forest tests the hardware most. A strong trace of input lag is felt when turning the analogue sticks - a quirk that hangs over from the Killzone 2 days. It's a delay in response that is impossible to ignore after playing snappier low-latency shooters, and at the default 50 per cent sensitivity for the X and Y axis proved tricky to adapt to. Migrating to the new and more shooter-friendly Dual Shock 4 controller isn't the cause here, as this is the only game we test with such problems. Rather, the issue is likely to be the result of latency being built up over the course of a long and complex rendering pipeline.

Sony's new gamepad brings with it a touch-pad - an addition that comes in handy for accessing new moves. A flying Owl auto-turret is accessible by pressing the L2 button, for which the touchpad is swiped in cardinal directions to activate its abilities - including a one-way shield barrier, and a mode which allows us to detect attach points for a grapple-hook. It's essentially used as another d-pad, where gestures access a new set of four hot-keys.

Other augments are accessed via the traditional d-pad method, though their placements are re-arranged from previous games. A slow-motion mode is engaged when scoped, allowing us to place each bullet at our own pace. This ability only activates in the seconds following the use of a health pack - accessed here by pressing down - while secondary fire is assigned to the left d-pad button. All in all, both the d-pad and the touch-pad gestures are well considered, and while it's a bit of a memory game at first, it's hard to imagine where the four extra abilities could have been mapped without the new input.

We weren't able to check out the Destiny presentation on the showfloor, but seemingly it was a 'hands off' scenario with Bungie guiding us through the same content seen at the Sony conference. So here's a value-added extra - the E3 playthrough with performance analysis. At this time we're looking at a game running something very close indeed to a locked 30fps.

Mesmo lixo de sempre. O controle não é mais desculpa, dessa vez o DS é bom pra FPS. Foi o único jogo que apresentou esses problemas.

Lulu vai dizer que lag é bom porque dá realismo. :lolmormor:

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

KZ2 me incomodou por causa do lag. Mas 2 dias depois de eu estar com ele saiu um patch que consertou isso. Depois não tive mais problemas.

No entanto, 25-30fps é RIDÍCULO. Significa que já estão tendo limitações.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Moçada,

Eu confesso que curti muito KZ2, principalmente ANTES do tal "patch do lag". Eu realmente gostava da "sensação" de peso do equipamento, e pra mim, o efeito era justamente esse, de "peso". O bacana é perceber que aquela CG rodando foi superada (em diversos aspectos!) pelo jogo propriamente dito! Infelizmente (ou felizmente, a depender de quem jogue), com o patch do KZ2 e game KZ3, dá pra perceber que ambos trouxeram mais a sensação de "COD" do que propriamente um "shooter levemente diferente.

Lembro-me de ter jogado bastante o multiplayer (muito divertido!) e a mesma sensação de "peso" estava presente.

Enfim, o mercado acaba "ditando as regras", e como as críticas devem ter sido significativas, a Guerrilla acabou por remover esse "recurso" em ambos os games para PS3. Seria ótimo se pudesse ligar e desligar o efeito, acabaria agradando a todos :-)

:-)

Aranha

Editado por Aranha

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Eu tb curti bem mais o KZ2

depois de ver o vídeo da IGN da demo nova e ler os detalhes de gameplay, o jogo me interessou muito mais

- Não é open world mas fases são menos lineares, com mapas amplos que permitem diversas maneiras de se aproximar das situações e as missões podem ser feitas na ordem que você preferir.

- O drone parece uma ótima novidade, ele pode ser usado como suporte, atacando ou distraindo os inimigos, tem um escudo e tem um zipline que te permite alcançar lugares difíceis, dando verticalidade pras fases.

KZ2 me incomodou por causa do lag. Mas 2 dias depois de eu estar com ele saiu um patch que consertou isso. Depois não tive mais problemas.

No entanto, 25-30fps é RIDÍCULO. Significa que já estão tendo limitações.

ou significa que ainda estão meio atrasados no desenvolvimento

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Digital Foundry:

Mesmo lixo de sempre. O controle não é mais desculpa, dessa vez o DS é bom pra FPS. Foi o único jogo que apresentou esses problemas.

Lulu vai dizer que lag é bom porque dá realismo. :lolmormor:

Lol controle do kz3 eh excelente, nao gostava do peso do kz2

No mais rarefana, texto enorme, e ocara enfoca o lado negativo e ainda de performance

A questao que o que ta bom, nao vai piorar, ja o que ta ruim, ainda tem muito tempo p ajustar a performance e chegar no target de 30 fps

KILLZONE tranquilamente deve ter gráficos impressionantes, visto o 2 e o 3

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

O que tá bom é só aspecto técnico dos gráficos, isso todo mundo já sabe, não é notícia. Jogo mal otimizado e com controle de merda, apesar de ser tradição na série, é notícia. Por isso foquei nisso.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

uma cam boa da demo da E3 tirada num evento que tá rolando agora na Inglaterra, o cara joga diferente daquela último vídeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc85LoD4a8w

o gameplay parece melhor mesmo, o dronezinho foi uma ótima idéia resta ver se não rola um abuso, será que ele consome algum recurso tipo, baterias? o uso deve ser ilimitado pois vc depende dele pra usar o zipline e tals

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

puta merda essa mania dos jogos atuais de revelar inimigos através de paredes é de dar

tem no hitman, Last of Us, nesse...e com certeza numa pá de outros q nao lembro agora

esse video nao impressiona nada. current gen total

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Tem Far Cry 3 e Crysis 2 e 3 também chapa. :D Concordo, tá nojento isso de ver inimigos nas paredes.

Eu ainda sou à favor se mostrar na tela alguma coisa gráfica demonstrando que tem algum inimigo numa sala, mas não revelando a exata posição. No máximo isso, pra simular audição mesmo. E claro, não mostrando nada na tela se o inimigo estiver dentro da sala parado.

E esses videos não servem pra nada, qualidade pior que meu saco sujo. A impressão é de current gen total.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Current gen do pc com tudo no maximo ne?

E olhe la, so se for um crysis 3 pq to cim metro last night, e apesar de lindo acho q nao bate nao, isso no maximo do maximo

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Eu até gosto da opção de controlar inimigos, o gameplay fica mais dinâmico. Mas tem que ter uma "desculpa" boa internamente no jogo, tipo audição, ou tracking digital, sei lá. Far Cry 3 tem isso e acho bastante bom.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Metro Last Light é bonito, mas depois de um tempo que tu começou a jogar não dá aquela impressão visual tão forte como Crysis deixa no jogador. Não sei, deve ser o uso de shaders, motion blur, sei lá.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Crie uma conta ou entre para comentar

Você precisar ser um membro para fazer um comentário

Criar uma conta

Crie uma nova conta em nossa comunidade. É fácil!

Crie uma nova conta

Entrar

Já tem uma conta? Faça o login.

Entrar Agora

• Visualizando este tópico:   0 membros online

Nenhum usuário registrado visualizando esta página.

Informação Importante

Ao utilizar este site, você está automaticamente concordando com os nossos Termos de Uso e regras..