Ir para conteúdo

Welcome to Fórum Players
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Foto

5 Razões porque ainda dá vergonha admitir que joga videogame

• Por favor, faça o login para responder
30 respostas neste tópico

Cyco

Cyco

Flooder webal

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25291 posts
Achei q era um texto jocoso, mas lendo descobri que a sensatez do indivíduo que escreveu é desconcertante, sincero desabafo de gamer pra gamer. Boa leitura.

5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer fonte (com fotos!): http://www.pop.is/o7wy

Let's get this out of the way right now: The only reason I don't have more game consoles hooked to my TV is because I'm out of ports on the back for cables to plug into, and I don't want to have to get off the sofa to switch over. I've been playing video games since the Carter administration. So do not compare me to Roger "I never play video games yet dismiss them as worthless" Ebert here. Just... don't. I would have taken my SNES as my date to senior prom if they had let me.

But the thing is, I grew up. Gaming didn't.

Why? Why is it that of all my many hobbies - reading, motocross, Gun Kata - only gaming lowers my sense of self worth? Maybe it's because...

#5. We Can't Shake the "Lonely, Anti-Social Virgin" Stereotype

Oh, look. Somebody has launched a goddamned service where you pay women to play video games with you. Eight bucks for 10 minutes.

For that amount, she'll chat with you, or even let you look at her on webcam while you play games and awkwardly flirt. Afterward you get to rate the girl on her, "hotness, gaming skill, and flirtiness."

On the scale of awkward social interactions, I'm going to guess these sessions rank right up there with a men's room conversation with a stranger at the very next urinal, while the stranger is pooping in it. There isn't an industrial disinfectant on the market that could make a woman feel clean again after a day of doing this. So, here's what I can't wrap my mind around:

Everybody plays video games now, right? My mom plays them. Yet, there is still a "if you have touched a video game controller, you have never touched a boob" stigma attached. It's so universally believed that somebody put up a whole lot of capital to start a business cashing in on it. And damn, do us gamers ever play the part. Get us on chat or an Xbox Live headset with a female and suddenly we're drunk on puberty juices.

Here's something I bet you didn't know: Two thirds of online gamers are women, according to one study. If you're thinking that doesn't match your experience at all, it's because they either avoid male-dominated games or they go undercover--70 percent of them intentionally choose male avatars so they don't have to put up with our "TITS OR GTFO" bullshit. That's just sad.

"But wait!" you say, "Everybody takes shit in online games! It's not just women!" Oh, I know. Our inability as a community to demonstrate any kind of human social skills extends in all directions.

Somehow that doesn't make me feel better.

I spent years putting up with the "gamers are pale loners crouched in the dark among Mountain Dew bottles and pizza boxes" stereotype--one that persists right up to the main character in Zombieland. Now that's transitioned to "gamers are all 17-year-old douchebags." That's not an improvement.

Of course, one problem is...

#4. The Industry Thinks We're All 17-Year-Old Douchebags

I'm no prude; I'm the guy who made my publisher use a font where all the T's look like uncircumcised dongs. But I'm also an adult, with a wife. A homeowner who works very hard to maintain something that looks like dignity to people who catch a glimpse of it from passing cars.

But it's hard for me to maintain my self-image as a mature, upstanding member of the community when I sit down to enjoy my favorite hobby and see stuff like this (WARNING: massively Not Safe for Work). That clip is from God of War 3, one of the best-reviewed titles of this generation. This "Rated 'M' for 'Mature'" title features a minigame where you, the God of War, come across Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love and boning. You walk in on her in a giggling naked lesbian threesome... (descreve a cena em detalhes que todos nós já conhecemos)

Again, "Mature" is the rating, and I've come to learn that "Mature" in video game land means "teenage male." So here we are again with the stereotype, the games themselves selling the kind of sex fantasy that appeals to specifically to males who have never actually had a relationship with a female.

When you're in your mid-teens, hormones thundering through your system, popping wheelies and doing donuts in your brain, you tend to think of women as giggling titty support systems who exist only to give you something to masturbate to. Then we actually get to know some real women and grow out of it.

Gaming has never grown out of it. I pop in Street Fighter IV and my very first match is against a grown woman in a Japanese schoolgirl fetish costume. But hey, what about games where the female is the hero? You know, like Bayonetta, the woman who seductively sucks on a lollipop during cut-scenes, whose special moves require her to get naked. This would be the game where the modeler boasts about how lovingly they crafted the character's ass. Then you have Resident Evil 5, where you can control Sheva Alomar, a strong, heroic, capable African woman...and your reward for beating the game is you get to make her dress like this.

Again, I have no problem with putting sex or sexuality in entertainment. Sex is part of life, so it should naturally be part of our movies and TV shows and games. But these are the digital equivalent of inflatable sex dolls. It's embarrassing and insulting, not because I'm a staunch feminist, but because I don't like the assumption it's making about me (that I'm an emotionally stunted, sexually frustrated teenage male). It's like even award-winning video games have the sensibility of made-for-Cinemax B movies. Maybe that's because...

#3.Video Game Storytelling is Still at the Level of B Movies

Have a glance at a list of the best-selling Xbox 360 games ever. I can tell you I've played and enjoyed each of the top five. But here's the storyline for each of them: 1- Faceless Space Soldier Guns Down Many, Many Aliens. 2- Faceless Earth Soldier Guns Down Many, Many Foreigners. 3 - Faceless Space Soldier Guns Down Many, Many Aliens. 4- Faceless Earth Soldier Guns Down Many, Many Foreigners. 6 - Different Space Soldier Guns Down Many, Many Aliens. 7 - Different Space Soldier Guns Down Many, Many Aliens Again. 8 - Eastern European Man Bent on Revenge Kills Everyone in New York.

Successfully completing those five games required me to kill, oh, about 10 million people. There was a death on screen about every five seconds. Movies structured this way--two minutes of plot and 20 minutes of slaughter--would be considered grindhouse cheese, direct-to-DVD stuff starring Steven Seagal that we'd never admit to enjoying when talking to anyone we cared about impressing. Guilty pleasures.

With very, very few exceptions, video game plots are stuck at this level. It's storytelling at its most primitive: good guy with a gun, thousands of bad guys, the happy ending comes when you make enough of the bad guys dead. Characters are crude, cartoonish archetypes--grizzled soldier, grizzled gangster, femme fatale, cool hit man, bumbling fat guy, robot.

Now, within five minutes of this article's posting, somebody in the comments will mention Bioshock. I've played that one, too. And loved it. Still, 90 percent of what transpired on screen was me mowing down room after room of faceless bad guys. If you make a movie where 90 of the 100 minutes of runtime is people getting their faces blown off--even if you fill the other 10 minutes with speeches about objectivism--every critic will use the same word to describe it:

"Mindless."

Don't tell me it's unfair to compare games to movies, either. When even Mario games come with dialogue and cutscenes, it's crystal clear that gaming wants to be a storytelling medium. You can judge a culture by the stories it tells, and you can judge the maturity of video gaming and gamers the same way.

But damn, we're about to hit the 40-year mark on video games as a form of mass media. Forty years after movies were invented (the late 1930s), Hollywood was making The Wizard of Oz--a movie that people are still renting and buying 70 years later (they even re-released it back into theaters in 1998 and it made about $20 million--there were people still willing to leave the house and buy a ticket to see it).

Will people still be playing Bioshock 70 years from now? Hell, hardly anybody is playing it now. Sometimes I pop it in and it makes me feel really smart for five minutes, then I spend the next hour firing a flame thrower at a giant mutant with drill hands.

Forty years of evolution, and here we are. So why are games overwhelmingly mindless, when gamers aren't? Well...

#2.We're Still Obsessed by Shiny Gadgets

Since we've brought film into this, take a look atthis (very short) clip. It's one of the first movies ever made, and the very first one to ever get a copyright as a motion picture. That was the whole thing. C0NE Ott's Sneeze, made in 1896. It's five seconds of a guy sneezing. People used to pay good money to watch that sort of thing, in traveling shows with little kiosks.

They weren't all suffering from crippling brain damage, it's just that at one time film was brand new and the technology was startling all on its own. So movies were usually just very short, simple sequences (a woman dancing, a fat guy falling down, a disobedient housewife getting whipped). Later they'd throw in some primitive camera tricks, like making an actor disappear with an edit, or making an object float with simple stop-motion animation, and the audience would almost poop their pants with awe.

But once the technology was no longer novel, those early films became utterly worthless--you'd have to be pretty damned stoned to pay to see a re-release of Sneeze. No one thought watching those clips were teaching life lessons or even moving you emotionally--the main emotion elicited could be described as, "HOLY SHIT, I AM WATCHING A MOVIE!" It was only later that they were able to tell stories like Gone with the Wind and The Wizard of Oz, epics that connected with people on some deeper level that actually left them changed in some way.

Video games, for the most part, never move past that "HOLY SHIT I AM PLAYING A VIDEO GAME" stage. We have an E3 coming up. Watch how much of the conversation revolves around technical novelty (motion controls, upgraded graphics, 3D) versus character or story or creativity. We have only ourselves to blame--we pretty much demand this.

For instance, at the time of this writing, I have a still-unopened copy of Remedy's Alan Wake, a just-released game I've been anticipating for about five years, which I'm saving for some free weekend. It's an atmospheric horror tale which reviewers assure me is on the cutting edge of non-ridiculous video game storytelling. But I'm browsing around gaming blogs and message boards and I'm getting worried. I see dozens of comments like this Oh-oh. What's the complaint that has everyone up in arms? Is there a cheap twist at the end? Is the main character two-dimensional? Is there a frustrating minigame where you have to carefully groom Alan's pubic hair?

No. It turns out somebody took a screenshot of the game, zoomed in 500 percent and counted up the pixels to make sure every frame was rendering at the maximum 720p resolution the Xbox 360 is capable of.

It turned out some parts of some frames weren't. All hell broke loose. Here are hundreds of posts on the subject at gaming forum NeoGaf. Here are hundreds more at B3D. Here's 2,000 posts on the subject at the Alan Wake site.

On some level we know this is wrong, because we know to hold films to a different standard. We know that advances in CGI couldn't save the Star Wars prequels, and that pretty 3D doesn't make Avatar the best movie of the year. Yet, in the next breath after mocking Avatar fans as slack-jawed yokels easily amused by a cheap technical gimmick, we will fly into a rage if some new game's technical gimmicks aren't up to par.

Nothing else matters. Who's that woman Alan is talking to up there? Where are they going? How does it play into the story? What emotions is this scene going to elicit? Tension? Dread? Humor? HOW CAN YOU WORRY ABOUT SUCH THINGS WHEN THE ROLL CAGE ON HIS PICKUP TRUCK ONLY HAS A 19:25 PIXEL RATIO.

Of course, that level of outrage speaks to something else entirely...

#1. We Have Some Serious Entitlement Issues

I don't want to get into an argument about piracy. I'm thinking that none of us reading this can cast the first stone on that one. Information wants to be free, you weren't going to buy it anyway, they're all greedy corporations, etc. But then you have the Humble Indie Bundle.

That was a bundle of DRM-free independent games that, combined, would normally sell for $80. The makers offered the bundle as a direct download to the consumer--no corporate middle men--and let customers pay whatever they wanted, down to a penny.

It wasn't free, you still had to pay. But you could set the price.

If ever there was a measure of the gaming community's sense of entitlement, this was it. All of the rationale for piracy--high prices, hatred of corporations, annoying DRM--was stripped away. Here we would find what we gamers think game creators owe us, and what we think we owe in return. The results:

The average downloader offered to pay $9.18, giving themselves a nice 87 percent discount off the retail price.

More than a quarter of the downloaders stole it outright.

That's right. More than a quarter believed that even one penny was too much to offer in return for the hundreds of hours of labor it took to create the games.

And that's not including the people who traded the Bundle off torrents and file trading services--this is just the people who pirated the games directly off of the game maker's server. In other words, they intentionally used the game developers' resources so, in addition to paying nothing, they would actually cost them additional money on bandwidth. It's like if you not only refused to drop a nickel into the street musician's guitar case, but waited for him to finish the song before taking a handful of change out.

Those same PC gamers--who spend 75 percent of their waking hours explaining how PC's are the ultimate gaming platform--seem baffled as to why PC gaming is dying. Hey, remember back when every new groundbreaking innovation happened on the PC? What happened to those days? After all, remember the hype about Spore and how it was going to change the world? That would be the game thatwas pirated 1.7 million times in its first three months.

Gosh, I wonder why these publishers are putting all of their resources into the harder-to-pirate consoles instead? Forget about the debate over the morality of file sharing. It's not that; it's just simple cause-effect. We're smashing out the windows because it's fun, and then crying because the rain is coming in. It makes us all look like spoiled, entitled brats with no concept of how the adult world works. Don't tell me this is because gamers are mostly kids, either--the average age of video game players is 35.

We help ourselves to free game after free game, and then scream bloody murder whenUbisoft goes overboard with anti-piracy measures. When the makers of the Modern Warfare series decided to make the consoles front and center for the sequel--stripping some features PC gamers are used to in the process--gamers threw a tantrum and bombarded Amazon with hundreds of one-star reviews for a game they admit right in the reviews they never actually purchased or played.

The, "they're treating us like animals, so let's shit on their floor!" line of thinking is the hallmark of teenagers in full teenager mode. It's no wonder gamers get portrayed in the media as impulsive and immature: ...and why it's so hard to convince people the infamous "WoW freakout" video is a fake.

Come on, guys. We've got a reputation to outgrow. From now on, let's shove the remote control of maturity up our ass instead.

Editado por Cyco, 27 May 2010 - 12:58 PM.

fss_overall.png
amjr72.png

worklessboy

worklessboy

FDP

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10473 posts
só jogamos jogos de lutinha, tudo que não é de lutinha é chato, logo somos mongóis.

FIM.
"VITA! DEVOLVA MINHAS FANTASIAS..."

3DS FC: 1907-7940-1612 Mii: workless

Christian

Christian

FDP

• Membros
  • 10307 posts

#5. We Can't Shake the "Lonely, Anti-Social Virgin" Stereotype

Conheço muita mina que joga. Agora, se o autor do texto é um nerd espinhento e anti-social, lamento por não conseguir uma compania agradável. :lolmor:

#4. The Industry Thinks We're All 17-Year-Old Douchebags

Whatever pra o que a indústria pensa.

#3.Video Game Storytelling is Still at the Level of B Movies

Esse cara nunca jogou Heavy Rain, Uncharted (1 e 2) e God of War.

BTW: Filmes B ruleiam demais!

Podem trancar o tópico. Apenas mais um jornalista empata-foda querendo aparecer.

Routine.jpg

Cyco

Cyco

Flooder webal

• Membros
  • 25291 posts
Christian não leu o texto, desconfio que não será o único.

só jogamos jogos de lutinha, tudo que não é de lutinha é chato, logo somos mongóis.

FIM.

tá em negaçào? :lol:

Que conclusões cheguei:

Somos imaturos e mimados mesmo - Queremos ser levados a sério, mas vão continuar nos tratando como crianças o resto da vida pois no fundo é isso que somos. As coisas vão mudar? Talvez. Mas esse vai ser um processo lento, pois todos os gamers estarão muito ocupados matando monstros pra pensar. :lolmor:

Editado por Cyco_Clown, 25 May 2010 - 03:47 PM.

fss_overall.png
amjr72.png

Christian

Christian

FDP

• Membros
  • 10307 posts
Eu li por cima e não achei nada demais o texto. Pra falar a verdade eu nunca abriria um tópico só pra isso. :lol:

Se quiser, sinta-se a vontade para apresentar o seu ponto de vista. :D

Outro detalhezinho: alguém estará jogando Bioshock daqui a 70 anos? Lógico que não. Jogo tem muito o que evoluir ainda. Cinema não. Cinema sempre vai ser atuação. Jogo é gráfico + história. Daqui a 70 anos os gráficos do PS3 vão significar o que hoje os do Nintendinho significam, talvez menos até.

E também filme dura, em média, 90 minutos. Um jogo pode ir pra mais de 50 horas.

Routine.jpg

GrandWazoo

GrandWazoo

Lenda Netal

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6536 posts
pessoas que precisam defender videogames, e que postam textos como se fosse mudar o mundo é que dão vergonha
PSN ID: MarceloBrauna (mudei a ID)
Gamertag: MarceloBrauna (virei caixista)

Cyco

Cyco

Flooder webal

• Membros
  • 25291 posts

pessoas que precisam defender videogames, e que postam textos como se fosse mudar o mundo é que dão vergonha

primeiro que ele não está defendendo videogames, o contrário até, fazendo uma crítica sincera e bem humorada, segundo que a idéia é trazer discussão pro fórum, nada além disso.

Editado por Cyco_Clown, 25 May 2010 - 05:08 PM.

fss_overall.png
amjr72.png

Shibath

Shibath

Imundo

• Membros
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
Achei um texto bem sem sentido. O cara fica revoltado com besteiras, tipo: God of war foi taxado com o nivel MATURE que seria para adolescentes, ae LOGO CONCLUI-SE que quem joga god of war = adolescente... Raciocínio besta desse cara..

Eu gosto de jogar video games, assumo mesmo, não tenho vergonha de dizer não... Quem nunca gostou de um jogo de video game? Se eu quiser jogar mario galaxy isso vai me fazer inferior, já que o jogo é permitido para todas as idades? Bem, já que eu tenho + de 18, vou pegar só os jogos nessa faixa!! foda...

Uma pena não poder falar isso pro cara que digitou esse texto xD
desafios de fire emblem - http://www.emblemadegelo.zip.net
Imagem Postada

worklessboy

worklessboy

FDP

• Membros
  • 10473 posts
LUTINHA, LUTINHA, LUTINHA queremos jogos de lutinha.
"VITA! DEVOLVA MINHAS FANTASIAS..."

3DS FC: 1907-7940-1612 Mii: workless

Cumba

Cumba

Chapa

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts
Engraçado, muitas das críticas demonstram como as pessoas aqui não leram o texto ou tem um nível de inglês baixo (não, isso não é uma crítica). O cara nem defende video games, na verdade ele fala sobre muitas discussões que rola em foruns, até aqui na players. Gostei do texto dele, especialmente sobre a parte da pirataria, é um ponto forte, a analogia dele ali foi boa, "quebramos a janela e depois reclamamos da chuva", apesar de que no Brasil tem outros fatores como impostos e também excluir a discussão sobre alugar jogos.

A intenção dele é boa, o texto é muito mais sobre os motivos que existem para os preconceitos contra video games do que falar sobre gafes. Coisas como discução boba sobre resolução do jogo (ele cita o cara que aumentou a foto e contou todos os pixels para saber mesmo se era a definição X) ao invés de discutir o conteúdo do jogo. Acho que ele foi muito reducionista na parte do roteiro dos jogos, apesar dele ter deixado claro que existem exceções, hoje em dia acho que não é mais questão de exceções, como diz blade é fifty fifty. Sobre o coportamento anti social, quem aqui nunca jogou online e não se sentiu jogando com um retardado? Ou mesmo teve algum momento de estreesse e agiu feito um? Porra, eu jogo DOTA e vejo cada coisa! Eu mesmo ja tive momentos em que deu vergonha de pensar no que fiz. Ele critica até o serviço de uma garota pra jogar com você por 8 dolores por 10 minutos, que é gerado de certa forma pelo fato de gamers serem vistos como anti sociais e retardados de 17 anos que ao verem algo relacionado ao sexo ficam insandecidos como se fossem perder a virgindade ao jogar o jogo (que fique claro, ele não ve como algo rum a presença de sexo em VGs, ma sim a forma como é feita em alguns casos).

Por enquanto é isso, se vcs leem muitos walls of texts aqui no forum leiam esse texto também antes de maniacar.

Sérgio Meq.

Sérgio Meq.

FDP

• Membros
  • 10060 posts
A partir da era PSX a imagem dos videogames mudou. Eu presenciei isso na prática quando vi velhotes se interessando e comprando o console pra jogar Gran Turismo, por exemplo. Alguns era só você falar que os jogos eram em CD pra aquela imagem de "videogame = Atari" se desmanchar na hora e o cara falar "ah é???". :mellow:

Hoje os jogos são vistos normalmente como um divertimento para todas as idades. Em 2010, quem ainda fala que videogame é coisa pra criança, ou é ignorante ou tá na idade da pedra.
É uma indústria que bate de frente com a do cinema (nos 80 chegaram a falar que era moda e ia acabar) e não tenho motivo nenhum para ter vergonha.

O que constrange são certas discussões nonsense que se vê pelos fóruns. Coisa que, se você mostra a qualquer pessoa de fora, ela fala "meu, mas que tanto estão quebrando o pau por uma bosta dessas?", ou seja, quando se apegam a detalhes insignificantes só pra provar que estão mais certos que os outros e geram aqueles tópicos desvirtuados, com posts gigantescos e guerra de quotes. :blink:

Os motivos que o texto cita... pra mim, nada a ver. Jamais poderá ser exigido que os games tenham sempre roteiros tão bons ou melhores do que os de cinema. Por que? Ué, porque roteiro é algo fundamental no cinema, não nos games. É importante uma história e enredo bons, claro, mas ninguém pode comprar um console esperando ver roteiros espetaculares e perfeitos, porque essa não é a dos games. Quando for necessário sacrificar algum ponto do roteiro em benefício da interatividade ou jogabilidade, por exemplo, o que você acha que o programador vai escolher? Da mesma forma que um filme que seja adaptação de um game precisa cortar ou incluir coisas.

Imagem Postada

Imagem Postada

dihbooa

dihbooa

FDP

• Membros
  • 10915 posts
Não gosto destes joguinhos de lutinha! uhauhauh

No mais, tenho uma raiva quando falam que video-game é coisa de criança ou "tu fica jogando esses joguinhos?"
E perdão, não conheço NENHUMA razão que dá vergonha de ser gamer. Nenhuma dessas aí são totalmente true. Pelo contrário. Hoje em dia nerd/gamer tá se dando muito bem.
Esse texto aí é para aqueles cara que jogam 10dias de WOW seguido. Qualquer outro tipo de gamer tem vida social (com exceção do Hiei e suas quase 10 platinas em tão pouco tempo.. fdp! :lolmor: )
(:

Chaud

Chaud

Chapa

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1961 posts

Engraçado, muitas das críticas demonstram como as pessoas aqui não leram o texto ou tem um nível de inglês baixo (não, isso não é uma crítica). O cara nem defende video games, na verdade ele fala sobre muitas discussões que rola em foruns, até aqui na players. Gostei do texto dele, especialmente sobre a parte da pirataria, é um ponto forte, a analogia dele ali foi boa, "quebramos a janela e depois reclamamos da chuva", apesar de que no Brasil tem outros fatores como impostos e também excluir a discussão sobre alugar jogos.

Exatamente, é engraçado notar isso.

Todos os pontos são bem verdadeiros, ainda que não representem *todos* os gamers, representam parte significativa deles. O ponto 5 em relação as reações que os gamers tem com as mulheres é verdadeiro, qualquer pessoa que joga online em "pubs" (servidores públicos, e não só com os amigos) já deve ter visto as reações dos caras quando aparece uma voz de mulher no chat. Ridículo ver caras dando cantada em uma mulher que ele nunca, jamais verá ao vivo. O ponto 4, falando da indústria, também é verdade. Jogos "maduros" significam jogos com sexo, e só. Não jogos que fazem você pensar, com temas fortes, e idéias novas. Só sangue e bundas (ou no caso, peitos). O ponto 2 sobre a questão do drama com os pixels é outro que você até cai na risada de tão verdadeiro. Aqui mesmo no fórum você pode ver esse tipo de discussão, e quando não é no fórum PC (que todos sabem o que ocorre lá), é gente discutindo as diferenças entre o PS3/360. É de doer. E o ponto 1 que fala não só da pirataria, mas da visão que o gamer tem dos jogos é outro bem verdadeiro. Muita gente está disposto a pagar *mais* pela promoção do Big Mac do que por um jogo completo e original. Nesse caso em particular, o Brasil tem boas desculpas (mas ainda assim, não justifica), mas isso é algo que ocorre em todo mundo.

Agora percebam que eu pulei algo. O ponto 3, sobre a comparação dos filmes, é o mais fraco de todos. E não acho que ele está errado em cobrar dos jogos um roteiro tão bom quanto o dos filmes, isso não é nenhum problema fundamental. Bastaria que as produtoras passassem a contratar escritores "de verdade", e não ficar deixando tudo na mão de pessoas que não tem nenhuma idéia do que é um diálogo inteligente. O principal erro dele é que ele esquece que jogos tem algo chamado "gameplay", que tipo, é aquilo que você faz quando *não está assistindo*. Você mata 10 milhões de pessoas em um jogo? Sim, mas se você não fizer isso, você estaria fazendo *o que*? Com que *porra* os produtores vão encher o gameplay do jogo? Ou é combate, ou é plataforma, ou são puzzles. Não há muita opção. Uma coisa é cobrar um bom enredo, mas outra é reclamar da forma que o jogo apresenta esse enredo. Jogos *jamais* vão apresentar um enredo igual ao de um filme, porque jogos *não são* filmes. E mesmo os que tentam se aproximar disso, como Mass Effect, ainda precisam lidar com o fato de que eles são jogos. Se você não está atirando em alguém, usando sua coordenação para escapar de armadilhas ou buracos, e nem resolvendo quebra-cabeças... O que resta a fazer em um jogo? Assistir. Mas se você tirar isso do jogo, ele não é um jogo, é um filme porra. Essa crítica foi meio idiota.

"Reality don't scale to your level". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Cyco

Cyco

Flooder webal

• Membros
  • 25291 posts
Olha Dihbooa, aqui na Players (onde jogar é apenas um começo) temos um pessoal mais velho e que curte o Hobby de forma mais relaxada, como deve ser, mas olhando fora do nosso umbigo será que isso é a regra ou a exceção?

A intenção dele é boa, o texto é muito mais sobre os motivos que existem para os preconceitos contra video games do que falar sobre gafes. Coisas como discução boba sobre resolução do jogo (ele cita o cara que aumentou a foto e contou todos os pixels para saber mesmo se era a definição X) ao invés de discutir o conteúdo do jogo. Acho que ele foi muito reducionista na parte do roteiro dos jogos, apesar dele ter deixado claro que existem exceções, hoje em dia acho que não é mais questão de exceções, como diz blade é fifty fifty. Sobre o coportamento anti social, quem aqui nunca jogou online e não se sentiu jogando com um retardado? Ou mesmo teve algum momento de estreesse e agiu feito um? Porra, eu jogo DOTA e vejo cada coisa! Eu mesmo ja tive momentos em que deu vergonha de pensar no que fiz. Ele critica até o serviço de uma garota pra jogar com você por 8 dolores por 10 minutos, que é gerado de certa forma pelo fato de gamers serem vistos como anti sociais e retardados de 17 anos que ao verem algo relacionado ao sexo ficam insandecidos como se fossem perder a virgindade ao jogar o jogo (que fique claro, ele não ve como algo rum a presença de sexo em VGs, ma sim a forma como é feita em alguns casos).

Por enquanto é isso, se vcs leem muitos walls of texts aqui no forum leiam esse texto também antes de maniacar.

A diferença que faz quando alguém realmente lê :pedrita: até pensei em traduzir mas ia dar muito trabalho, acabei achando que não precisava e bastaria copiar e colar (já que só postar o link tb ninguém lê), pelo visto me enganei.

Mas enfim, tb acho que ele exagerou um pouco na parte dos roteiros, em parte concordo com o Sérgio de que não se pode usar o cinema como referência pois os roteiros de games precisam de uma linguagem própria, mas de outro concordo com o autor quando ele diz se videogames querem ser reconhecidos como uma mídia que conta histórias, realmente ainda deixa bastante a desejar, mesmo entre jogos aclamados e premiados, os bons exemplos de histórias adultas ainda são raros.

Tb gostei bastante dos pontos de vista dele no #1, curiosa a relação entre o lance de pirataria e o Entitlement Complex (não achei tradução) que é um problema educacional que diz respeito a adolescentes que por receberem tudo o que querem não dão valor a nada, e não conseguem respeitar os pais por consequência. o cara que baixa tudo, acaba não dando o devido valor ao trabalho de quem fez o jogo e como no caso do Humble indie Bundle citado por ele, mesmo praticamente dando de graça, muita gente ainda pirateou. Uma verdadeira cuspida na cara dos developers.

fss_overall.png
amjr72.png

Brazilian_Boy

Brazilian_Boy

Chapa mor

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2685 posts
to pensando em voltar a jogar
estou ficando iqual o Pinguim.... mas sem dinheiro pras putas.
PSN- Led_Vit
since 2001, Neo_of_Matrix

Lionzz

Lionzz

FDP

• Membros
  • 12102 posts
WALL OF TEXT....
Imagem PostadaImagem Postada

Chaud

Chaud

Chapa

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1961 posts

WALL OF TEXT....

Imagem Postada

Mas sério, você esperava menos que isso de um artigo? :rolleyes:

dihbooa

dihbooa

FDP

• Membros
  • 10915 posts

Olha Dihbooa, aqui na Players (onde jogar é apenas um começo) temos um pessoal mais velho e que curte o Hobby de forma mais relaxada, como deve ser, mas olhando fora do nosso umbigo será que isso é a regra ou a exceção?

A diferença que faz quando alguém realmente lê :pedrita: até pensei em traduzir mas ia dar muito trabalho, acabei achando que não precisava e bastaria copiar e colar (já que só postar o link tb ninguém lê), pelo visto me enganei.

Mas enfim, tb acho que ele exagerou um pouco na parte dos roteiros, em parte concordo com o Sérgio de que não se pode usar o cinema como referência pois os roteiros de games precisam de uma linguagem própria, mas de outro concordo com o autor quando ele diz se videogames querem ser reconhecidos como uma mídia que conta histórias, realmente ainda deixa bastante a desejar, mesmo entre jogos aclamados e premiados, os bons exemplos de histórias adultas ainda são raros.

Tb gostei bastante dos pontos de vista dele no #1, curiosa a relação entre o lance de pirataria e o Entitlement Complex (não achei tradução) que é um problema educacional que diz respeito a adolescentes que por receberem tudo o que querem não dão valor a nada, e não conseguem respeitar os pais por consequência. o cara que baixa tudo, acaba não dando o devido valor ao trabalho de quem fez o jogo e como no caso do Humble indie Bundle citado por ele, mesmo praticamente dando de graça, muita gente ainda pirateou. Uma verdadeira cuspida na cara dos developers.

Porra Cyco, tirando o olho do nosso próprio umbigo, tirando a galera mais velha.
Sobra o que? Crianças e Adolescentes? Quem leva a sério o que elas fazem? Teriam vergonha de dizer que jogam video-games?

Eu li o texto, mas discordo. Só porque discordo significa que eu não li? LOL pra vocês.
(:

Chaud

Chaud

Chapa

• Membros
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1961 posts

Porra Cyco, tirando o olho do nosso próprio umbigo, tirando a galera mais velha.
Sobra o que? Crianças e Adolescentes? Quem leva a sério o que elas fazem? Teriam vergonha de dizer que jogam video-games?

Eu li o texto, mas discordo. Só porque discordo significa que eu não li? LOL pra vocês.

Não porque você discorda, mas porque você discorda de coisas que ele não disse. Embora o título seja "porque dá vergonha admitir", o conteúdo do texto tem mais a conotação de "porque os jogos de videogame ainda sofrem com a visão de ser um passatempo bobo", como se estivesse abaixo de coisas como "jogar bola", "andar de bicileta" ou "assistir um filme". Assim como os pontos que ele cita, quando você lê, não falam exatamente daquilo que eles parecem falar.

Editado por Chaud, 25 May 2010 - 10:56 PM.

dihbooa

dihbooa

FDP

• Membros
  • 10915 posts
E... ?
(:

0 usuário(s) está(ão) lendo este tópico

0 membro(s), 0 visitante(s) e 0 membros anônimo(s)